PING G425 Fairway Woods – MAX, LST, And SFT Complete Overview!
With the PING G410 Fairway Woods being a favorite among golfers, can the PING G425 Fairway woods hold up or even do better?
Well, they definitely are off to a great start with awesome new innovations and an incredible look, check out this video to learn all about this impressive new release!
G425 Fairway Woods
In the PING G425 Fairway woods there are 3 variations; the MAX, LST (Low Spin Technology), and SFT (Straight Flight Technology) to best match a golfer’s swing and launch conditions.
Among these clubs there are a lot of similarities and a fe differences.
So, let’s start off with everything that they have in common.
With the Facewrap design, a thin, high-strength maraging steel face extends into the crown and sole to provide increased flexing for faster ball speeds that result in greater distance and high launching shots.
To bring more consistent spin performance, the faces of the fairway woods and hybrids are engineered with a complex face curvature that modifies the roll profile, mainly low on the face where the loft decreases approximately 2.5º to normalize spin and increase ball speed for more distance. Both player and PING Man robot testing revealed greatly improved distance results from Spinsistency, specifically low on the face, the most common miss-hit for fairway woods and hybrids.
Easy To Aim
On the crown, a new 3-dot alignment feature provides golfers a visual cue to address the ball to best match their eye.
A high-density tungsten sole weight is strategically positioned to increase the MOI for added forgiveness
Arccos Caddie Smart Grips are standard. An embedded sensor automatically records and analyzes every shot when paired with the Arccos Caddie app.
Trajectory Tuning 2.0 utilizes a lightweight, aerodynamic hosel sleeve that provides eight positions to customize your trajectory for maximum distance and accuracy.
Alright so, now that we know all of the awesome innovations they had in common, let’s dive into the the differences!
PING G425 MAX Fairway Woods
In the G425 MAX fairway woods are the standard or base models which is made for maximum game improvement for beginners to intermediate golfers.
The MAX available in 3W, 5W, 7W, 9W.
PING G425 LST Fairway Woods
The PING G425 LST has a smaller head and the placement of a tungsten weight position the CG to reduce spin with a flatter, lower-launching trajectory.
The is LST is available in 3W.
PING G425 SFT Fairway Woods
With a larger head and heel-side weighting, changing the CG to increase forgiveness and promote a right-to-left shot bend for RH golfers for straighter results.
The PING G425 SFT Fairway Wood is available in 3W, 5W, 7W.
G425 Fairway Wood Specifications
- Multi-material construction: 17-4 stainless steel body, maraging steel face, high-density tungsten back weight, lightweight aluminum/thermoplastic adjustable hosel
- G425 Max loft options: 3W (14.5º), 5W (17.5º) 7W (20.5º), 9W (23.5º)
- G425 LST (Low Spin) loft option: 3W (14.5º)
- G425 SFT (Straight Flight) loft options: 3W (16º), 5W (19º), 7W (22º)
- Std. lengths: 3W (43″), 5W (42 1/2″), 7W (42″), 9W (41 1/2″)
- Loft adjustability: 5 settings: +-1.5⁰ (0, +1⁰, +1.5⁰, -1⁰, -1.5⁰)
- Lie adjustability: Up to 3⁰ flatter
- Stock graphite shafts: PING ALTA CB 65 Slate (SR, R, S, X), ALTA Distanza 40
- No-upcharge shaft options: PING Tour 65/75 (R, S, X), Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Orange 75 (R, S, X), Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 80 (S, X)
- Standard grip: Arccos Caddie Smart Grip (Golf Pride Lite 360 Tour Velvet) in four sizes (Red -1/32″, Aqua -1/64″, White Std., Gold +1/32″)