The Ultimate Guide to Buying Junior Golf Clubs
Picking the right junior golf clubs doesn’t have to be difficult. There are many options out on the market today for kids and it may seem a bit overwhelming, but we have compiled a handy guide to help answer the most common questions we receive and steer you in the right direction to picking the perfect set (or a couple of individual clubs) for your junior player!
What are junior clubs?
Junior clubs are specially designed equipment that is more flexible, lighter in weight and more lofted to help young golfers find success out on the golf course.
What ages are junior golf clubs for?
Golf clubs are available from size zero (age 3) all the way through a golfer’s teenage years (age 17).
What are the best junior golf clubs?
We stock several manufacturers of junior golf equipment. Our best-seller of junior golf clubs is from U.S. Kids. They have clubs available for toddlers all the way through a golfer’s formative high school years and everything in between. Our second best selling brand is PING.
What sizes are junior golf clubs?
U.S. Kids Clubs offer 11 different sizes available based on the strength, age, and height of the child.
What height are junior golf clubs for?
Junior clubs are sold from size zero sets for kids 36” tall all the way up to kids 69” tall.
Can adults use junior golf clubs?
Definitely! Many petite women find that kids built traditionally for youth are a great option to help them play their best game.
How do you measure a child for golf clubs?
Start with the child’s height. For U.S. Kids clubs, measure the junior with their shoes ON. Every three inches marks a new size. The height is important because you don’t want the club to be too long. After determining the height, you should also measure the player’s swing speed (for their driver) to determine if the child should choose a U.S. Kids Ultralight or Tour Series club. Children ages 7 and under will always choose the Ultralight but the Tour Series is available for older children.
What clubs are in a junior golf set?
It varies based on how old the child is and how avid of a player they are, but most sets come with a minimum of 5 clubs and as many as 11.
How many clubs do I need to buy?
You can buy as few as a single club or as many as a full set. A putter and a 7 iron is a great way to get a child started to see if they like the game. With those two clubs, they can hit balls, chip, and putt. These two clubs are also the easiest to hit and will bring early success to a beginning player.
Should you cut down adult clubs for junior golfers?
No. When you cut an adult club down, you make the shaft much too stiff and much too heavy for a child to swing easily. Junior clubs are engineered for getting the ball airborne easily and built lightweight. This will maximize a junior’s ability to successfully reach their potential.
What to Buy?
Best Sellers – Junior Club Sets
- U.S. Kids Ultralight 4-5 Club Sets – $169.99-$259.99 – The Ultralight series from U.S. Kids have lighter clubheads and more flexible shafts for the beginner golfer with less clubhead speed. They are best intended for the beginner to the intermediate golfer, ages 4-12. – Shop https://www.mortongolfsales.com/search_results_a/295.html?Search=u.s.+kids+ultralight+stand+sets&Submit=
2. U.S. Kids Golf TOUR SERIES Stand Bag 7-10 Club Sets – $479.99-$599.99 – The TOUR SERIES clubs are designed for the intermediate to advanced golfer with more clubhead weight and longer, stiffer shafts. Best suited for the intermediate to advanced junior players, aged 8-12. Shop https://www.mortongolfsales.com/search_results_a/295.html?Search=u.s.+kids+tour+stand+sets&Submit=
3. PING Golf Prodi G Junior 5-11 Piece Sets – $599.99-$1299.99 – Ideal for juniors 4’5″-5’2″ – Prodi G junior sets offer the same score-lowering technology of our adult sets custom-engineered to fit golfers ages 7 to 13 and between 4′ 5″ and 5′ 2″. With the “Get Golf Growing” Program, buy at least five clubs and you’re entitled to a one-time, no-charge service to have the clubs re-shafted or lengthened, re-weighted, and re-gripped as the golfer grows. Shop https://www.mortongolfsales.com/search_results_a/295.html?Search=PING+Prodi+G+Set&Submit=
Best Sellers – Junior Individual Irons
- U.S. Kids Yard Club – $39.99 – The Yard Club is the lightest and most flexible club U.S. Kids Golf offers. It will help first-time golfers learn to hit balls, have fun and see quick success. The super-lightweight, oversize head makes good golf shots easier with a larger hitting area. The molded grip promotes the proper hand position and a natural swing. The Yard Club comes packaged with 3 soft limited-flight Yard Balls to use in your yard or at the park but it is designed to hit real golf balls too. Available in right or left hand, two color options, and 10 sizes. Shop https://www.mortongolfsales.com/U-S-Kids-Yard-Clubs-p/uskid_yard_club.htm
2. U.S. Kids Ultralight Series – $24.99-$39.99 depending on the club – Yearly fitting is essential to achieve and maintain proper swing development, as kids grow 2.5″ to 3″ per year. Individual clubs are a great opportunity for your child to see if they like the game by picking out a couple of clubs for them to hit. Morton Golf Sales recommends starting with a putter and 7-iron and building a set from there.
U.S. Kids Ultralight Individual Irons – $34.99
U.S. Kids Ultralight Hybrid – $39.99
U.S. Kids Ultralight Fairway Driver – $39.99
U.S. Kids Golf Ultralight Longleaf Putter – $29.99
U.S. Kids Golf Ultralight DV-3 Driver – $44.99